- No sub-limits on room & ICU rent
- Zero limit on doctor’s fees
- add-on covers available
- Availability of flexible plans
Most Popular Policies of SBI General Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance Policy
This health plan provides utmost financial protection to policyholders in time of hospitalization and other treatment expenses.
Key features of health insurance plan
- SBI Motor Private Car Insurance Plan
The plan provides coverage to the policyholders' own vehicle and damage and loss of third party cars.
Key features of Private Car Insurance Plan
- Coverage available against third party liabilities
- Damages to policyholders' own vehicle is covered
- Personal accident coverage is available
- Availability of add-on covers
- SBI Long Term Home Insurance Policy
This home insurance plan offers complete and lasting protection to the residence of the policyholders.
Key features of Long Term Home Insurance Policy
- In-built coverage against earthquake
- Wide range of policy tenure from 3 to 30 years
- Optional coverage against terror act available
- Protection available against water tanks burst, missile testing operations
- SBI Individual Personal Accident Policy
This policy provides compensation against death, disabilities and loss of income of policyholders because of an Accident.
Key features of Individual Personal Accident Policy
- Allowance available for hospitalization with add-on cover
- Permanent Total Disability benefit available
- Adaptation Allowance and Education Benefit available with add-on cover
- Availability of cumulative bonus
SBI General PA Insurance Policy
SBI General Personal Accident Insurance Policy offers financial coverage against life loss, Disabilities and Income loss caused by accidents.
Key Feature of SBI General PA Insurance Policy
- The personal accident cover is available for for salaried and self employed people and businessmen.
- Availability of beneficial add-on covers such as Ambulance charges cover and Hospital Confinement Allowance.
- Availability of free add-on covers like Education Benefit & Adaptation Allowance to enhance Permanent Total Disability coverage.
- Availability of Cumulative Bonus.
Sum Insured Option of SBI General PA Insurance Policy
The minimum Sum Insured available for this policy is Rs 1,00,000 and the maximum available Sum Insured is Rs 1,00,00,000. Maximum Sum Insured in case of Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability is 120 times of monthly income or 10 times of annual income.
Sum Insured for dependent non working spouse, children, parents and parents in law is the lower amount between Rs 10,00,000/ or 20% of the Primary Insured’s Sum Insured.
Temporary Total Disablement benefit comes in the form of Weekly Indemnity at 1% of Sum Insured for Accidental Death up to a maximum of Rs 10, 000/ for up to 104 weeks.
Eligibility for SBI General PA Insurance Policy
The minimum age is 18 years but children from 3 months of age are also eligible provided one of their parents is also covered under the same policy. The Maximum age limit for adults is 65 years and 23 years for children.
SBI General PA Insurance policy is also available for families. The primary insured person can include his legal spouse, dependent children, parents and parents in law.
To avail more than Rs. 25 Lakhs Sum Insured on Accidental Death coverage, income proof has to be submitted with duly filled up Proposal Form.
Coverage of SBI General PA Insurance Policy
Accidental Death cover is compulsory in SBI General’s Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy and ‘PTD, PPD and TTD are also available as optional coverage.
The following are the options of coverage combination for the insured;
- Accidental death
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) + Accidental death
- Accidental death + Permanent Total Disability (PTD) + Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) + Accidental death + Temporary Total Disability (TTD)+ Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
In family PA insurance plans are entitled to choose any of the above mentioned benefits. However, family members cannot choose benefits over and above the benefit chosen by primary insured’s benefits.
Permanent Total Disability offers the following benefits for free.
Education benefit: The child and spouse of the insured is entitled to Education Benefit of the lower amount between 1% of basic SI or Rs 50,000 in the event of death and permanent total disability, to two individuals maximum.
Adaption allowance: The insured is also eligible for payment of the lower amount between Rs 25,000 and 1 % of SI to modify House or vehicle of the insured.
Add on Covers available with SBI General PA Insurance Policy
- Hospital Confinement Allowance:
- Ambulance Charges cover including air ambulance