- No sub-limits on room & ICU rent
- Zero limit on doctor’s fees
- add-on covers available
- Availability of flexible plans
Most Popular Policies of SBI General Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance Policy
This health plan provides utmost financial protection to policyholders in time of hospitalization and other treatment expenses.
Key features of health insurance plan
- SBI Motor Private Car Insurance Plan
The plan provides coverage to the policyholders' own vehicle and damage and loss of third party cars.
Key features of Private Car Insurance Plan
- Coverage available against third party liabilities
- Damages to policyholders' own vehicle is covered
- Personal accident coverage is available
- Availability of add-on covers
- SBI Long Term Home Insurance Policy
This home insurance plan offers complete and lasting protection to the residence of the policyholders.
Key features of Long Term Home Insurance Policy
- In-built coverage against earthquake
- Wide range of policy tenure from 3 to 30 years
- Optional coverage against terror act available
- Protection available against water tanks burst, missile testing operations
- SBI Individual Personal Accident Policy
This policy provides compensation against death, disabilities and loss of income of policyholders because of an Accident.
Key features of Individual Personal Accident Policy
- Allowance available for hospitalization with add-on cover
- Permanent Total Disability benefit available
- Adaptation Allowance and Education Benefit available with add-on cover
- Availability of cumulative bonus
SBI General Travel Insurance Policy
SBI General travel insurance policy offers complete coverage against medical expenses due to diseases, or injuries during overseas trips. The policy also provider policyholders with a range of additional coverage.
Eligibility for SBI Travel Insurance Policy
Residents of India in the age-group of 6 months to 70 years and look to travel overseas for holiday or official reasons are eligible for SBI General travel insurance policy. Citizens of foreign countries who are currently in India on employment are also entitled to avail SBI General travel insurance policy
Features and Benefits of SBI General Travel Insurance
- Availability of medical coverage up to a maximum of US$ 0.5 million.
- No requirements of medical tests examination for availing the insurance.
- SBI General travel insurance policy ensures all-encompassing coverage worldwide
- Availability of 24/7 immediate assistance
- Cashless settlement of claims
- Simple, fast and effortless claim process
Coverage of SBI General Travel Insurance Policy
- Medical coverage of USD 50,000 to USD 5,00,000 including Evacuation and Repatriation
- Personal Accident coverage of 10% of cover limit up to a maximum USD 25,000
- Personal Liability coverage of 50% of the cover limit or Rs. 2,00,000 (whichever is lower)
Coverage is also available in following unexpected situations abroad.
- Passport Loss
- Checked baggage loss and delay
- Burglary of home of the insured in India
- Cancellation, Curtailment and Delay of Trip
- Missed Connection, Hijacking,
Additional benefits in the coverage of SBI General Travel Insurance Policy include;
- Hospitalisation Daily Allowance
- Bail Bond
- Emergency Cash Advance
Exclusions of SBI General Travel Insurance Policy
SBI General Travel Insurance claims will be rejected in the following scenario;
- If the trip is undertaken against the advice of physician
- If the insured is supposed to undergo or undergoing specific health treatment
- If the policyholder travels overseas with a view to receiving medical treatment; or
- If the policyholder suffers from any terminal illness or has a terminal medical condition
The following are the standard exclusions of SBI General Travel Insurance plan.
- Suicide and attempted suicide
- Self-inflicted injury or illness
- Anxiety, mental disorder, stress or depression
- Venereal disease
- Drug abuse
- HIV related death, injury, illness, loss and other liabilities
- Claims made by Military, Airforce or Naval officials
- Invasion, war, acts of foreign enemy, civil war
- Property damage due to nuclear activities
- Hazardous occupational loss
- Two wheeler accidents
- Pre-existing Disease
- Loss or injury due to participation in hazardous sports
- Air Travel on an aircraft without valid license.
SBI General Travel Insurance Claim Process
The Insured need to get in touch with the customer helpline of SBI General Insurance and lodge the claim. Policyholders also have to download, fill up and send the online claim form along with supporting documents to the corporate office of SBI General Insurance.